Monday, December 12, 2011

My Instructional Video!!!

Reflection:
            For my future teaching, instructional videos can be helpful in many ways. For instance, if I know that I will be out of town for one or more days, and I wish to have students continue to learn or work on a project with the substitute teacher there, I can make a quick instructional video to be played for the class telling them what it is I would like them to do.  It would be like having a mini lesson to get them started on a project I would like for them to work on.  Also, in my possible future of coaching, instructional videos can be very helpful in teaching my athletes a certain concept, plays (in basketball), or drills that they can do on their own at home.  If they have an instructional video they can reference to, it can help them better understand, remember, and study what it is that I would like for them to work on.  I will most likely use instructional videos more for at home drills with my athletes than I will in my Health classroom.
             Making an instructional video proved to be a fairly easy and useful tool for helping students (or in my case, athletes) learn to do something properly.  Many visual learners can especially benefit from these videos because they can see what it is that they need to do, and in addition to that they have the freedom to pause and re-wind if they did not understand something the first time.  These videos can be put to great use in my future career.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the video and it was well done. The only feed back I have is maybe slow down the text so it's easier to read. But great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! You did a great job with the text over the pictures and videos. I really enjoyed this and I think your idea of using videos for days when you need a sub is a great idea. The only suggestion I have is to slow down the credits because there were a lot and it was difficult to read them all.

    ReplyDelete